The summer plans are falling into place! After the first year in college, many of your high school friends are anxious to reconnect and spend some time together. And while you went through a number of options, you finally settled on a group bus trip to watch three of your favorite professional baseball teams. Although you briefly considered a road trip where you would do all of the driving yourself, you and your four best friends eventually decided that a bus tour was a better option. No one had to do all of the driving or offer their car for the long trip, you would not have to deal with parking fees, and the lodging plans are part of the travel package.
With the money that you are saving on parking fees at the various stadiums, you have allowed yourself to upgrade to some higher priced seats. Your parents are far more excited about the plan to continue your quest to visit as many baseball stadiums as you can now that they know you will not need to do the driving. In fact, some of the dads in your group are seriously checking their schedules to see if they can join in the fun. Always willing to have a parent along who will pay for some of the meals and ballpark souvenirs, you and your friends are all hopeful that at least one of the dads will join what you hope will be the first of many college summer baseball adventures!
Bus Travel Offers Affordable, Safe, and Fuel Efficient Options
Charter buses for rent offer a number of opportunities for groups of all sizes. While individual bus travel appeals to many, an increasingly popular option for many groups is to charter their own transportation instead of paying for expensive airfare. While many groups can afford the expense of airfare, others find it far more feasible to travel by bus, allowing them to avoid extra nights of hotel costs as rotating drivers can provide a way to travel through the night to destinations that are hundreds of miles away.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the use of bus transportation:
- With the increased attention to the latest public relations problems with some of the major airline companies, it may come as no surprise that some people are looking at other traveling options that do not involve long security lines and extended waits at the gate while airlines wait for mechanical fixes and delayed staff.
- How you travel to your destination involves a lot of choices. For families who want to have plenty of leg room, plenty of space for luggage, and plenty of time to enjoy the scenery while they travel, bus travel is often the best choice.
- Adults and young adults accounted for close to 50% of the passenger trips provided by the motorcoach industry in the year 2012.
- There are five times as many motorcoach terminals across the nation as there are airports. Additionally, there are six times as many bus terminals as there are intercity rail terminals
- As motorcoach travel and tourist continues to grow in popularity, this travel industry now generates more than $55 billion a year in economic transactions.
- The motorcoach industry consists of as many as 3,400 mostly small businesses who operate for their own profits, often offering very location specific options. The entire motorcoach industry fleet of 33,400 vehicles provides charter, sightseeing, tour, airport shuttle, scheduled services, and commuter options.
- Real travelers make sure that they consider several variables when the make their transportation choices: price, comfort, fuel efficiency, schedules, and destinations. For many, bus travel tops the list for all of these categories and considerations.
- In some studies, for every $1 invested in new motorcoaches an additional $1.65 of spending is generated throughout numerous economy sectors, totaling more than $1.2 billion spent on tour and travel every single year.
- People throughout an entire community benefit when a charter bus makes a stop. For instance, otorcoach traveler and tourist demand generates more than $55 billion a year in economic transactions. Even one motorcoach spending one night at a destination can generate as much as $11,660 for that local economy in lodging, meals, and other spending.