Archive for February, 2017
Americans love taking camping vacations. The camping industry brought in more than $5 billion in 2013. At least 40.1 million people in the United States went camping in 2013. That is nearly 14% of the country;s population. This is according to the 2014 American Camper Report. Most people, who like to camp, were introduced to it when they were young. At least 57% of these people went on their first camping vacation when they were kids. For people, who are not fans of the activity, only 25% ever participated in it as children. Planning your camping trip is a part of the fun and an important part of the process. At least 43% of people who take this kind of vacation will spend at least a month planning their trip. From finding the right vacation rentals to bringing the right gear, there are ways to make your experience much better.
- Make your children’s first camping trip a short one. Look for vacation rentals and campground that are not that far from where you live. Some people will do a dry run in their back yard, to get children used to sleeping somewhere besides their beds. If you are looking at cabin rentals, this may not have the impact you are looking for but planning a three day weekend at a campground with cabins for rent may be a good way to get your kids’ camping toes wet, so to speak. It is easier to plan a fun and short trip than a long one.
- Get the right kid friendly vacation spot. Talk to your family about what activities they are going to want to try and engage in when they are out on your camping vacation. Different vacation rentals offer different kinds of fun and family friendly activities. If you know your kids love to do things in the water, you should find a spot near a lake or river.
- Ask about the amenities. Often when you go camping, there are certain conveniences that you have at home that may not be available. One such amenity is a working toilet. That may be find for some families and not so fine for others. If you children have just become potty trained, you may still have their potty that you can bring with you. If you have anyone in your family who will not do without certain amenities, you should make sure your campground can offer them.
- Bring the right stuff. You will need to bring a lot of sunscreen. Few things can derail a fun, family camping vacation like a bad sunburn. Remember that you need to apply it often throughout the day. When you are doing things in the water or are sweating a lot, even waterproof sunscreen will wash off when you are active. As a corollary, you should put some aloe vera (some products will have lidocaine, which is a topical anesthetic so you should get that) to help anyone in your group who does get a sunburn on your trip.
- Plan all of your meals. Hungry campers are the opposite of happy campers. Most people who enjoy camping like to do a number of different activities. From hiking to swimming and canoeing, you will use a lot more calories when you are on your camping trip than when you are at home. Plan for three meals and some healthy snacks. You can do some of the cooking work at home. For instance, you can partially cook your potatoes and chop veggies. This prep work will make your vacation more fun. You should also have more water with you than you think you will need. By the time you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated so make sure you have enough water for everyone.
- Plan for bad weather. No matter how well you plan, you may have rain. Bring games and fun things to keep everyone occupied. Do not let everyone retreat to use their mobile devices. Social media will be there when your vacation is over.
From looking at the right vacation rentals to planning fun activities, you can have a great family vacation when you camp.
College gymnastics meet in Anchorage, Alaska.
High school show choir competition in Nashville, Tennessee.
High school orchestra workshop and performance in Chicago, Illinois.
College gymnastics nationals in Salt Lake City, Utah.
President’s Club sales conference in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Traveling is a part of most American’s lives, but this year is a little out of the ordinary. Five trips within less than seven weeks has made for a hectic schedule. And while you are excited that your husband has earned the President’s Club trip at work for the first year he was eligible, you had to laugh that the trip was going to be another time that you would need to pack your bags and fly in this season of every weekend trips that have become exhausting.
Even though you were dreading the last flight on your schedule, it turns out that it was a good thing that this flight was the last. For while you were always searching for the cheapest flights when you were paying for the tickets yourself, the President’s Club trip was arranged by the company’s travel coordinator. Instead of finding the least expensive flight, the travel coordinator booked you and your husband in a first class cabin on a fairly new jet. That flight, you could say, spoiled you for coach travel. You had never really paid any attention to aircraft interior products, but as both your husband and the flight attendant, who was only serving the first class passengers, pointed out all of the amenities, it was hard not to be impressed.
How Many Trips Do You Take a Year?
We travel by car. We travel by plane. We travel by bus. We travel by train.
Some people travel so much, in fact, that they find themselves constantly coming and going. For the most frequent travelers, comfort matters. Although people who travel infrequently may be willing to put up with uncomfortable and crowded seating, the constant traveler is more discerning. airlines that cater to these travelers who make trips several times a month make decisions that focus on comfort.
Understanding the habits and desires of travelers makes selecting aircraft interior products more specific. A slightly wider seat, for instance, can lead to the comfort of a passenger who might be more inclined to book more flights with that airline. The addition of the latest inflight entertainment systems can also add to the comfort of travelers of all ages. Additionally, in seat power outlets and in seat USB power choices are popular modifications that are being made to many aircraft interior products. Aircraft display systems can help passengers track the progress of the flight and monitor arrival times.
Different passengers have different preferences, but these facts and figures tell the story of passenger habits and their use of various aircraft interior products and seat space:
- 41% of airline passengers indicate that they like to watch movies when they fly.
- 21% of airline passengers indicate that they like to read when they fly.
- 17% of airline passengers indicate that they like to sleep when they fly.
- 25% of respondents indicate that they would choose one airline over another if it offered WiFi, according to TripAdvisor’s 2013 Air Travel Survey.
- 37% of respondents indicate that they consider an iPad or tablet a carry-on essential, according to TripAdvisor’s 2013 Air Travel Survey. This percentage shows a 5% increase from 2012.
- 56% of respondents indicate that they are using smartphones for flight status alerts, according to TripAdvisor’s 2013 Air Travel Survey. This percentage represents a 10% increase from 2012.
- 8 million people fly, on average, every single day.
- Surpassing the 3 billion mark for the first time ever, the 2013 total passenger numbers were 3.1 billion.
- 78% of domestic trips are taken for leisure purposes.
- Direct spending by resident and international travelers in the U.S. averaged $2.5 billion a day. This translates into $105.8 million an hour; $1.8 million a minute; and $29,398 a second.
- $644.9 billion was directly spent on leisure travel by domestic and international travelers in the year 2014.
- With a score of 4.48 out of five, Emirates was considered to have the best inflight entertainment, according to eDreams worldwide 2014 reviews.
Have you booked tickets for your next trip? Will the inflight amenities determine what airline you select?
Don’t let the cold get you down. Summer is right around the corner! Planning for a fun family vacation is one of the most enjoyable processes the average American family goes through while the snow’s still falling, with a plethora of beautiful and fun options to choose from the country over. Where should you get started with planning out your next great summer vacation? Take a glance at the list below to learn a little more about splash parks, camping methods and financial tips to ensure your get-together is a success.
How Often Do Americans Camp?
Worried about your available options? Worry no more! The recent 2014 American Camper Report saw a stunning 40 million Americans (that’s 14% of the entire country’s population over the age of six) camping the previous year. Because of this ever increasing number campgrounds, water parks and resorts alike are always expanding their accommodations to match any family’s goals and budget. Another camping study by the American Camper Report showed a whopping 99% of participants saying they were either likely over very likely to camp the next year.
What Are Popular Camping Activities?
There’s no need to fret about what to do when you get there. There’s plenty of good weather and fun ideas to go around! Spring of 2008 saw the number of people who went either backpacking or hiking within the last 12 months amounting to nearly 30 million across the country — by the time 2014 rolled around there were nearly 40 million people who had been actively hiking and backpacking within the last year.
Why Do People Love Camping?
Camping is a brilliant way of enjoying the great outdoors, appreciating the weather, getting fit and spending time with loved ones. Studies have shown nearly 14% of adult participants camping to specifically spend more time with their families, with additional studies showing people more inclined to bring friends along for the ride than go solo. The year 2011 saw family camping vacations remaining the most popular choices for American families — they spent nearly 535 million days collectively that very year, with trends suggesting this number will remain constant for decades to come.
Where Do People Prefer To Camp?
Not sure where to camp? Take a look at the most popular preferences. The majority of camping (at about 70%) is done in public campgrounds, although classic tents and RVs are still much beloved as a more classic choice — good camping amenities are a deal breaker for those who want as much comfort as possible on their trip. Splash parks, in particular, combine the fun of summer with the traditional methods of camping for a combination that everyone is sure to enjoy. Over 80% of campers participated in multiple outdoor activities while on their vacation and the overwhelming majority of surveyed campers plan an average of five trips.
How Should I Prepare?
Before you start camping you should make sure you’re covered when it comes to camping amenities. Basic equipment such as matches, flares, flashlights, sunscreen and bug spray should be well-stocked to make sure you’re safe and secure for every single day you’re at your designated summer campgrounds or local tent site. When it comes to fun camping amenities consider supplementing your trip with a pool or a splash park to up the wow factor for everyone involved. Camping is a wonderful way of spending your summer — taking a little time now to plan will go a long way in creating a hit season.
If you have a group and you are planning a trip, whether it is out of town, around town or to an event, you may not know how to get everyone where they need to go. That is where chartered buses come in. You have a lot of options open to you but few modes of transportation have the benefits of going this route. Here are just a few:
- Your entire group can travel together. Unlike other forms of travel, such as by individual cars, chartering a bus will let everyone travel together. It does not matter if you are sending your staff to a corporate event, have an after school club trip to plan or taking all your friends to a ball game, charter buses for rent may be the way to go. When it comes to buses, no one has to be left behind. Not only that, but you can all have a good time getting to your destination and getting back.
- New chartered buses are fun of fun amenities. When most people think of this kind of transportation, they have an outdated view of a bus. They think of an old, clunky and uncomfortable ride. That is no longer what the experience is like. Today, most are equipped with WiFI, televisions, DVD players, large comfortable seats and clean restrooms.
- The buses are dependable. Bus companies’ reputations are based on a number of things and one of them is how well they keep up their vehicles. When people all drive their own cars and trucks, there is always the chance that something will go wrong and one of the vehicles will break down. This is not something you have to worry about when you charter a bus.
- It is a more relaxing ride. When everyone is going in their own vehicles, everyone has to fight traffic. If you are all going by plane, there are a lot of stress factors there. You have to deal with checking in and the security lines. When you charter a bus, you do not have to worry about ay of that. You also do not have to worry that, if people do have luggage, it will get lost as you travel from one place to another. All of your bags will be traveling along with you. This kind of travel is about as stress free as possible.
- You are being good to the environment when you charter a bus. When people think of travel by bus, most do not think of green travel but it is. In terms of CO2 emissions, charter buses are the most efficient way to travel. In terms of gas mileage, they get 206.6 passenger miles to the gallon (MPG). When you compare that to 92.4 passenger MPG for commuter rail, 44 passenger MPG for airplanes and 27.2 for personal vehicles (that would be 46 for a hybrid), you can see how much better for the environment it is to travel by charter bus.
- You can go on your own schedule. The only other way that is as flexible is to have everyone in your group drive their own car. When you travel by plane or train, you have to go by the schedule that is set up by someone else. The flexibility is not just in the schedule, however, when you charter a bus, you can go where you want to go as well.
- Travel by bus is less expensive. When you are traveling with a group, the affordability of travel by bus just cannot be beat. It is much cheaper than flying or taking a train. The cost is also lower than when people travel in their own vehicles.
- It is safe. The more people are going and taking their own cars, the more chances there are for someone to get into an accident. When you rent a charter bus, you have a professional driver who will be the one to worry about traffic and everything else. If anyone does any drinking along the way, you do not have to worry about accidents or DUIs that may come as a consequence.
Planning a trip for a big group can be stressful but can be easier with a charter bus.
Planning a honeymoon can be an overwhelming task. This will be the opportunity that you and your new spouse have to relax from the stress of planning a wedding. It will also be an important memory in the first week of your long marriage. There are many options for honeymoon travel and although many dream of traveling across the country, this is not a realistic plan for many couples with budget concerns. Ditch the local travel for your honeymoon and consider a charter bus rental for affordable across country travel.
Using a charter bus company for your travels is one of the most affordable modes of travel today. You will find that you save so much money on transportation costs that you are able to participate in many of your honeymoon desired activities. Motor coaches account for a mere 6 cents in federal subsidies per passenger trip, while public transit cost 77 cents per passenger trip, commercial air carriers cost $4.32 per passenger trip, and Amtrak costs $46.06 in taxpayer subsidies per passenger trip. This gives you an idea of the costs savings you can receive with cheap charter buses.
Not only is a bus charter affordable, it is also convenient. There are 5 times as many motor coach terminals nationwide as there are airports, and 6 times as many bus terminals as there are intercity rail terminals. Motor coaches travel to every state in the country, and to many of the big name cities. You will have no trouble at all choosing a vacation route that hits all of your required destinations. You will also find that many of the bus terminals are located in tourist attracted cities, for even more convenience.
Interact with other vacationers
Meeting people from all over the country, and possible the world, is one of the most exciting parts of travel. You will meet new friends and share in your honeymoon celebrations with people of all types. Adults and young adults accounted for 49.9% of the passenger trips provided by the motor coach industry in 2012. You may even come across other adults on your across country charter bus trip that are also celebrating their honeymoon!
Some charter bus travelers may be hesitant to travel across country because of fear of discomfort. However, charter bust charters have redesigned their charters with optimal comfort in mind. You will find comfort on board a bus, providing you with enough room for your entire luggage, as well as room to stretch out or cuddle with your new spouse in a comfortable way. Some charter busses even have additional compartments with sleeping or entertainment quarters. Additionally, the buses make many local stops, allowing you to get out and visit many of the countries? best cities.
Wonderful photo opportunities
Your honeymoon will create lasting memories. It will be something that you will share with family and friends for years to come. It is also something that you will remember with your new spouse every wedding anniversary. Photographs can be a great way to show others the exciting local places you had the opportunity to visit. Charter bus companies know the best places to stop and bring its tourists. The charter bus guides will bring you to some of the best local places, allowing you to capture the most memorable of photographs.
Planning a honeymoon can be a daunting task. It is supposed to be a once in a lifetime event that you and your spouse will remember for the rest of your lives. Budget concerns can hinder dream plans. However, when you choose to travel via charter bus, you will find that your trip is more affordable. You will not only have money for other exciting activities, but you will also get to see many of the countries? best sights. You will find the perfect mix of interaction with other motor coach passengers, while also finding alone time with your spouse. Charter bus travel can be one of the most exciting ways of traveling across country, making it the perfect honeymoon plan for adventurous couples.