Are you planning a summer vacation? Approximately 45% of Americans say they like to take vacations in the summer. Nearly three-quarters of all travel that is done domestically is done for leisure. Nearly 47% of all travelers say they would be willing to consider accommodations options other than a hotel room. This includes all sorts of vacation rentals and 46% say they would rent beach condos. Many cite the cost as the main reason but privacy, having access to a kitchen and other amenities are also top reasons for looking for lodging that is not a hotel.
- You get more space for the money. If you just take the square footage that you get in oceanfront condo rentals and compare it to what you get with a hotel room, even when you get a hotel suite, you get more space for the money when you rent beach condos. There is just no way around that fact.
- Everyone can spread out and have their own space. The United States Secret Service conducted a study about how their agents performed when they shared hotel rooms while working on the road vs. how they performed when they were given their own room. The stress level they experienced when they were forced to share a room meant that it cost the agency more to pair up agents. People need some time to themselves. This is true when you are on a business trip and it is true when you are on vacation. When you rent beach condos, everyone in your group can stake out a space to call their own. This will make everyone’s vacation much more relaxing and enjoyable.
- You can have quiet family evenings “at home.” There are a lot of amenities that come along when you rent beach condos. Most come with WiFi. You can spend an evening watching a movie with the family in a more relaxed setting in the condo. You can have a fun game night. When you have a condo vs. a hotel room or group of hotel rooms, you will have a living room with a TV and a space to gather and just enjoy the company of the important people in your life.
- You will save money on meals. The full kitchen that normally comes along when you rent beach condos makes a big difference for a lot of families. When you stay at most hotels, you end up eating all or most of your meals at restaurants. When you rent beach condos, you can have breakfast and lunch in the condo. You can have a nice, family dinner there as well. You can go out if you want to but you can cook at “home,” too.
- You can do laundry. This is also a big deal for people with children. Children, especially small children, get messy. When you rent beach condos, you do not have to pack as much or worry as much when your kids are playing in the sand at the beach. When your kids spill stuff on their clothes, you can just throw in a load of laundry. When you stay at a hotel, you can have your clothes washed but it is a bigger deal than throwing in a load of laundry in the vacation condo rentals.
- You get more privacy. In a hotel room, you have people on at least one side of you. All that separates you from them is a wall. You can hear everything they do and they can hear everything that is going on in your room. Moreover, when you go anywhere from going out on the town, out to see the local sights or just to the pool, you have to go through a crowded lobby. Staff, security and other guests get to see you come and go. When you rent beach condos, your nearest neighbor is not as close and you can come and go without the world watching. You do not have to deal with your neighbors unless you want to.
Vacations at the beach with your family are great. By renting a condo rather than getting hotel rooms, you can get the most from the experience.